Sunday 18 November 2007

popular

Meet the Bracket Pack (To Have and To Hold; Special Delivery; XOXO)

I may have mentioned before that I'm not quite sure what kinds of things I'll be creating with the Adana. Whatever image I saw and liked or whatever came to mind, I made a plate of. I surveyed my cards today and wondered if one could tell that it was all done by the same person. I have yet to see a style (that I can call my own) emerge. I'm pretty excited about watching my progress and finding "me" unfold while letterpress printing.

I read somewhere that you shouldn't do what everybody likes but rather do what you're good at. I see some merit to that. But as the picture above reveals, I just had to get some mainstream product out of my system. I liked how they turned out - understated, classy even? Now that that's out of the way, I'm eager to explore other things with text.

I'm brainstorming on a line of cards with interesting text treatments of my favorite words. Not sure how 'exsanguinate' letterpress printed would go over though. :)

1 comment:

Poppy Letterpress said...

I guess style is something you do without realising, which is what makes it uniquely 'you'?

Also, I've tagged you on my blog. Spreadin' the love.

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.