Friday 23 November 2007

friday printing

What a fine day to take the day off of work. Winter's finally made her appearance and I'm indoors, cozy with my little press!

First up, I changed the tympan as it was getting pretty roughed up and torn from gauge pins. Only this time, I decided to draw a grid on it. Not sure if it'd help, but it for sure couldn't hurt. As it turns out, it was useful. Since I don't yet have a Boxcar base, this is as close as I can get. The registration piece of the printing process still remains to be frustrating for me, so a little grid helps a whole lot.


Today was about the calling card. I decided to blind deboss the wordmark and the website (which is still under construction) info. I've blind debossed all the cards, and so I wanted to continue doing that for the business cards. That may be a major no-no because it is, afterall, contact information. Yet, I'm still not feeling bad about sacrificing clarity for good looks. I left the one colour to the ornament - a hot cyan!


As you can see, the magnesium plate and the press gave the paper a hefty bite. You can't tell from the photo but the website info on the last line came out pretty clear and wasn't in need of any ink in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.