Friday 16 August 2013

Every six months or so I feel the need to add to the studio's collection of type. As exciting as it is to get a font, it's still a daunting task to decide on which one. And only one? It was really difficult to narrow it down. And so, I got two fonts instead of one. Pictured above is News Gothic Extra Condensed at 36 point. It's not a fancy font by any means. But I like that it's tall, narrow, compact and that it's a larger font than the rest of what I have which are between 10-16pt. I seriously considered adding an italic set the studio since I don't have any but I couldn't see myself using it too often. So, my second new font is Clarendon Bold, quite different from anything italics. I got a hankering for a slab serif type and that one just fit the bill. I can't wait to crack these babies open.

//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.