Friday 5 August 2011


Chris and I were just sitting on our couch on a dark and snowy night in January. I was thinking about him and remembered that he said his favorite thing to do as a child was draw. On the spur of the moment I grabbed a pad of paper and a pen and asked him to draw a portrait of me. Without hesitation he took to it with a blind contour first. Then he really took to the task and whipped up the second sketch. Just like that. I was surprised, delighted and in awe of how great he is at so many things. I may have to get him to start illustrating some artwork for letterpress prints.

Chris is halfway done taking his board exams (total of 4 days!) and we're finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. He's been studying every day since the spring. It's going to be really nice to see him finally relax and enjoy the rest of the summer.
//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.