Tuesday 22 February 2011

who's up for a print exchange?




Over the weekend, I had a great letterpress workshop with Casey and Pam (hello!). Both are quite familiar with the intricacies of print, one being in the print industry and the other a printmaker. At the end of the workshop I took out a vintage block that I bought from an antique market a couple years ago and realized that I hadn't tried it out on the Showcard yet. I never would've tried to print with it on the platen because the size of the printable area is much too large (4.5 x 6").

Thanks to Casey who shared some of his bright white cardstock with me, I pulled off some nice prints with straight black ink from the Showcard. The prints aren't perfect, but I'm still impressed by the ink coverage and transfer.

How fantastic is this ad for the Smith Corona cashier? I love the different fonts, the images, the coupon, the one bullet point and "A keyboard to fit your business".

Would anyone be up for a print exchange? Let's get a little snail mail going! I'd love to see your work in person. I've got three of these prints (10x7") to trade with those who are interested who also print (using woodcut, litho, linocut, silkscreen, letterpress, gocco, etching, drypoint, intaglio, rubber stamps etc.). It'll be a random draw that closes this Friday with three print exchange partners. Let me know in the comments below (or send me an email at snapandtumble[at]gmail.com) with the following info: 1. who you are 2. what city you're in 3. what you print with 4. what you'll trade and 5. your email address. Hope to see you in the mail soon!

PS. I'm in Toronto, Ontario Canada and this is open to international participants!

//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.