Wednesday 13 October 2010

monthly subscription update


You guys are so good about keeping me on my toes about the letterpress subscription. With all of the custom work and the new press moving in, I haven't set aside the time to focus on the monthly subscription. But now that things have slowed down, I'm able to give you an update.

The subscription has gone through so many transformation behind the scenes. It started off as lootbags but with your comments and my own personal preference it became clear that most wanted to know exactly what they were purchasing. Fair enough.

The second idea that took off was based on much feedback from people who buy letterpress cards with the intent of giving it to someone. But they never actually do and end up keeping the card for themselves because they liked it so much. I'm guilty of doing the very same thing. So to address this, I was going to include one card and one art print based on the same design each month. The card would go to the intended recipient and the art print would be yours to keep. All systems go with a name, a wordmark and I even started the designs. I sat with it for a month or two, and wondered if customers might prefer to have something that could double as a card and an art print.

Finally, I decided that the letterpress subscription will consist of useful, correspondence cards featuring limited edition designs. I'm happy to announce that this collection is called The Card Catalogue. The only thing up in the air now is whether it will be two cards a month, or one card and one postcard.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

8 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE the name! It sounds like what you're working on is very exciting.

afro-chick said...

i am SO excited!!

Celine said...

love!
this is so exciting!

Sonnet and Mayhem said...

Perfect name! Can't wait to see the first round!

Jaime said...

Such a great name! Love it Tan!

Chantel I. said...

You're starting to pique my interest now. Sounds like an original idea. Plus, I really like that we'll get a peak at what we can expect with the subscription.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Tanya! Can't wait to see the first set!

t a n y a said...

thanks everyone! Your enthusiasm for The Card Catalogue is amazing!

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.