Wednesday 30 July 2008

shorter the better

I read an article in Wired magazine a year ago and an idea sprang from it that I'm revisiting again. You've heard about the 6 Word Story? Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words and is said to have called it his best work. "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." Imagine that in letterpress? I've got some type that could make up a (very) short story and I wouldn't be cursing at myself while typesetting. Wired magazine asked some writers to rise up to the challenge and I pulled a few of my favorites.



Yeah, I think I've convinced myself to make a series of 6 word story greeting cards. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are fantastic. Where can find these 6 word stories...love how
Margaret Atwood is always involved in these story/book experiments...she's kickass and CDN, love her story

t a n y a said...

Yeah, loved her story too. Should be great when I get around to doing this...I wonder if I'll be able to do this without infringing on any copyright rules!

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.