Monday 3 June 2013

totem cards


to·tem (noun)
Anything serving as a distinctive, often venerated, emblem or symbol.
 
There is something about this starburst shape that I love and can't seem to stop printing with. I once saw it referred to as a Slocum seal but haven't since found any more information about it. It's become my favorite go to piece when I'm printing on the Showcard press. Maybe it has something to do with how large the block is and how satisfying it is to roll an inked brayer over it. And no matter what colour it lays down, it always looks so, so good. Is it just me or do you also have something similar that you like to see in print? Is there something you have an affinity for and keep printing, drawing or painting?
 
// 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.