Tuesday 12 March 2013

colour blocks 1

Sometimes I just want to see what a few colours would look like together in print. Playing with these wood block punctuation marks on the Showcard press lets me do just that, quickly and easily. Because I'm not using type for these experiements, it's easy for me to simply focus on the colours and see nothing else other than that. Also by using the punctuation marks, which are basically rectangular in shape, I decided to casually put them together and was always happily met with the final result. The random arrangement of the shapes, patterns, colours and overlays is a nice way to break away from other projects and type-related matter. I'm hoping to create a few more works of these mini-wall-art prints with different colour ways.

//


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.