Monday 4 February 2013


I'd like to say that I've been missing in action, but the truth is, I've just been at home with my little Milk Monster. M has been doing alot of growing these past couple of weeks (how did he reach the oven knobs so quickly?) and doing new things every day, it's been a treat to keep up with him.

I joined Instagram last year but have only been starting to really use it on an everyday basis about a month ago. How can I not snap pics of this ankle-biter for every moment of his existence? But every now and then, I'll take a picture of something other than M.

I recently found about make-up artist Lisa Eldridge and pretty much watched all of her tutorials in one sitting. Ever since M was born, my main concern and focus was all on him. It was an effort to look decent on days that I had to go out when all I wanted to do was sleep. So jogging pants became my best friends, and sometimes I took a comb to my hair. Then a year goes by and I had enough of that. Looking disheveled wasn't doing anything to help my mood. Lisa's videos were just the kind of pick-me-up that I needed to sort things out.

I got a smartphone wallet for Christmas and it's the handiest thing ever. Actually, I dig all of the products from  MochiThings. I used to be a purse-girl. Then somehow, the diaper bag became my purse. I only started to carry my ID and bank cards in the diaper bag and I ditched the purse because there was just too much to haul around when out with the babe. So, the new wallet is perfect. It fits the essentials and my phone and tucks away neatly in the diaper bag. And if I'm lucky to go out on my own, it's a nice neat wristlet.

Since January has been a mix of extreme cold and warm weather, I placed my bets on just staying indoors most of the time. I got a bit of cabin fever and started to clean up the house in that way that you go nuts and end up purging almost half of your belongings. Boy, did that ever feel good! So the pad is neater, less cluttered and organized. I've had my Jessica Bell collages on the wall for a while now but didn't get a chance to snap a photo of it until recently. Snowy months are good for cleaning up house and admiring artwork.

So, there's me in January.

//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.