Tuesday 6 November 2012

thrifted: leather tote

I'm always on the lookout for well-made leather bags or purses when I'm thrifting. So when I came across this tote, I grabbed it! Camel in colour, medium in size and the leather's pretty much gotten to the point that it's nice and soft. I don't mind that the leather looks worn, in fact, I quite like the condition it's in. The two handles are hard and sturdy but the bag was missing the strap. As luck would have it, I also found a wide canvas strap (even in the same colour!) at a different second hand store a week later. The hardware doesn't match (brass on the bag and white metal on the strap) but I can live with it. I wasn't sure what I was going to use the bag for. But at a thrifty $6, I wasn't debating it for very long. For now it's the perfect size to house my camera, extra lens and batteries.

//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.