Tuesday 12 June 2012

post flea


I had a really great time at the Junction Flea Market on Sunday. Pedestrian traffic was in full effect and the sun was blazing. It was already balmy at 7am and it got so intense by the afternoon. Luckily, my booth was under a tent!

I was so pleased with the response to the Postcard Printing Station. Some passerbys couldn't help but either stop, linger, look, ask or print. The cityscape plate got the most play but each image got inked up and printed by day's end. Even kids got in on the printing action! It was really nice to see folks be excited about using the Showcard. I am definitely going to have to set up the printing station again.

This was my first time offering on-site printing and thankfully, I don't think I'd change anything in terms of the set-up. One colour, two types of cardstock and a choice of six images went very smoothly.

As for the stationery, it's always good to see people pick up and touch the hand printed cards. My top seller was the last minute print I did the day before the flea. "No. 1 Dad" for Father's Day :)

A big thank you to Smash and Russet & Empire for organizing such a successful event! And a very, very big thank you to my good friend, Chris, who helped me out with the booth for the entire sweltering day!

//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.