Wednesday 30 November 2011

makeshift drying rack


One of my studio essentials is the vintage record holder. Four years ago, when I started printing (in what I used to live in which was a basement apartment) my kitchen counter, couch and bed served as the drying space for my prints. I only stopped printing sometimes because I didn't have enough room to lay down more prints. But it all changed when I spotted one of these beauties at an antique market and it suddenly occured to me how perfect they would be for drying small pieces. These would also do well with gocco and silkscreen prints too. They hold up to 40-50 sheets but often times, I just put prints back-to-back when I'm doing a large run. And it takes up less than 3 feet!

//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.