Friday 17 June 2011

paper presents



I've been a lucky girl receiving lots of beautiful and fun stationery in the mail. The first two are from my parents who recently got back from a trip to Indonesia. The first set is from my dad who got these on his stopover at the Narita airport in Japan. I definitely won't be able to part with those. The second set is from my mom who picked up these paper kimono's for free at a kiosk where she exchanged her money in Narita. I love getting small paper tokens from my parents' trips abroad. It never ceases to amazes me that my mom and dad know me so well.


Maria visited the studio yesterday and got in some printing time with her own project. She gave Chris and I a beautiful trio of white hydrangeas and a handmade silk screened card (left) congratulating us on our good news. The image is so simple and elegant sitting on velvety cardstock. On the right is also a sweet handmade flat notecard from Diana all the way in Cornwall, UK. I love the illustration and turquoise on kraft!


Jaime's snail mail never fails. Italian deco paper, vintage stamps and a typewritten notes. What's not to love?


A great Polaroid card from Nathan - one of my favorite pieces of collected snail mail. The photograph, the size of the card, the handwritten message - everything about it is just so nice.


I got a kick out of receiving this card from my sister-in-law and brother. The inside of the card reads, "...the parents-to-be-tired, the parents-to-be-anxious, the parents-to-be frazzled, but most of all, the parents-to-be filled with joy!"




Yoko from Megropress sent me some darn fine letterpress stationery from Tokyo and a good 'ol fashioned long handwritten letter. I was so intrigued with her work and studio that I wrote to her in February and asked her all kinds of questions related to printing in her part of the world. How happy do those bright stamps make me? I can't get over the fluorescent pink and orange printed envelope and the woodblock hydrangea letterset. Beauties.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to those who have sent me little paper surprises in the mail. And also a very warm thank you to those who left comments, emailed and messaged me upon the news that Chris and I are expecting.

We're going to be doing a little r & r this weekend and spending time with family. I hope you get to be with loved ones as well, celebrate Father's Day or just be able to put your feet up!

//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.