Thursday 10 December 2009

a rocking horse for christmas




I've always liked architectural drawings, siteplans, cross sections, technical sketches and diagrams of any kind. I found this rocking horse illustration in a vintage magazine on one of my thrift store adventures. It falls nicely in line with the DIY idea and the movement towards handmade gifts. That and it makes a perfect holiday card feature at this year's City of Craft. There are 33 prints of these cards and they are editioned on the back. I'll also be putting a limited amount up for sale in the snap & tumble shop tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sonnet and Mayhem said...

LOVE THIS! The red ink is a great choice.

Celine said...

did you take the illustration from the magazine and make it into a stamp? (oh, I already forgot what you call those things!)

I love this illustration soooooo much! technical drawings are so cool.

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.