Monday 31 August 2009

ink blotters SET A


While in Peterborough, Ontario a couple of weekends ago, I stopped into an antique store. I literally could've spent an entire day in there; so much to look at and inquire about. I must've asked the shop owner a dozen questions about her collection of antique gadgets. Surprisingly, not one piece of wood type was found among the rooms and shelves of treasures. I did, however, find a cigar box full of blotters. Oh, some of the paper these things were printed on are heavenly soft! For those of you who are unfamiliar with what blotters are, they were used in the pre-ballpoint era to take away excess ink from fountain pens. Essentially, they were large business cards that read of promotions and sales and anything else a company would be able to fit on it. For the next few days, the posts will be of the small collection of blotters I picked up.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.