Thursday 20 August 2009

how a simple note goes a long way

Ever have one of those days when you're working so hard at what you love and just trying to keep up with things? That by the end of the day, you've forgotten to pick up groceries for dinner and trying to keep a headache at bay. Well, I had one such day, yesterday.

So when I received an email from a snap&tumble blog follower later that evening, it put everything into perspective again. She's given me permission to share her thoughts here.

Hi Tanya,

I have been following your blog for a few months now. I came across your site through Poppy Press. I was about to purchase an Adana 5 x 8 and unfortunately lost that sell. I have worked with the larger presses quite a bit up at [a local university], but the thought of having something that can fit right in my sitting room sounds divine. I was not sure of the quality that you could get from a table top press until I saw your work. I wish I could attend a workshop of yours, but alas a country away prohibits me to do so. Thank you for sharing your joys of moving type and small batch runs.

Much Thanks!
LB
I hope everyone that's trying to make a living doing what they love gets a note like this once in a while. I appreciate every one of the emails I get about inquiries and questions about my press and work. So, thank you to LB, to those of you interested in the workshops and printing jobs and those who have linked to the s&t site and/or made blog mentions.

I think I can make a grocery run before noon today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.