Monday 26 January 2009

the shelley suite part III

I got a chance to print Shelley's map and accommodation card for her wedding invitation suite over the weekend. The most challenging part of this card happened before the plate got to the press. Designing the map itself took quite some time on Illustrator. I had three major points on the map that had to be shown. Luckily they were all within close proximity of each other. The only thing I was worried about was how small the type size was and if the photopolymer plate would print it well. Boxcar assured me that the plates they make can handle as little as 2pt. I was pretty pleased then when it came time to print because even the small icons for the hotel and reception place came through without a smudge or bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.