Wednesday 10 December 2008

once upon a type...

The snap+tumble holiday wish list is getting longer by the day! This one, however, has officially moved to the top of that list. I have a soft spot for children's books. And because I don't have kids, I just can't justify grabbing every beautifully illustrated book I come across. Yet, I'd make an exception with the Serif Fairy by Rene Siegfried in a heartbeat.
The Serif Fairy has lost her wing, keeping her from performing magic. This book
follows her through an airy, immaculately designed typographic landscape as she
tries to recover the wing. Along the way, she makes friends and has adventures
as she wanders through the Garamond forest, visits Futura town and eventually
ends her quest at Shelley Lake.
Garamond Forest, people! Get your hands on this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.