Sunday 23 November 2008

after the party


The holiday sale at Crescent went smoothly. The event planners and coordinators did a tremendous job with everything and to name a few - the vendor set up, the sales transactions, the decor, the catering. What was really nice was the dump of snow we got on the cocktail evening that got everyone in the holiday spirit.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the show but knew that it wasn't going to be the crafty, diy crowd I'm used to. And I certainly wasn't surprised when the students flocked towards the sports jerseys, hockey card trading guys and the comic book stand. The amount of retail stands far outweighed the handmade wares tables. And so, us crafters, suffered a bit at the hands of imported goods.

Still, it was a learning experience and I got to meet some fantastic people who make their own products. I couldn't help but purchase a couple of Vivian Lee's beautiful ceramic bowls. (Contact me for her contact details).

My mother-in-law also snapped up a jar of homemade strawberry-rhubarb jam for me from a woman who makes preserves, soup mixes, cake mixes, and all sorts of other goodies packaged in mason jars. I love the little holiday fabric and the hand written label!

A succulent plant also made it's way into my hands. Jan from Blooms and Branches was so nice to speak with and she assured me that this little guy will hold up with a lot of southern exposure light and some water every few weeks or so. I need low-maintenance plants!

All in all, I enjoyed my time at participating in the holiday sale. The cards did well also and I even met a few people who inquired about custom work. If that pans out, then the event was definitely worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.