Thursday 17 July 2008

imparfait


A few cards had to go into the imperfect pile while I was printing up my thank-you cards for the bridal shower. I oh love this Crane Pearl White paper and the Mediterranean blue ink goes so well with it that I didn't want to throw them out. So I cut the dud would-be-thank-you cards into one inch squares. What's great about mistakes is that you can try to find the beauty in them and make them into something else. Say, tags for the strawberry jam jars? I think so.

5 comments:

Justin Miller said...

These are very striking.
Sometimes mistakes make the best inspiration for future projects. I thought these were coasters at first.

t a n y a said...

Thanks Justin!

Bespoke Letterpress Boutique said...

I can't bear to throw away my mistakes either! Its so lovely to give them a new life - jam labels sound perfect :)

LaurenMarie - Creative Curio said...

You are so creative with reusing your "mistakes." I hesitate to even call them that because they are lovely. That blue is stunning!

t a n y a said...

Thanks laurenmarie - here's a link to the flickr photo of the pantone guide I tried to follow to get that sexy blue.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovelyduality/2551361152/in/set-72157600421123828/

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.