Sunday 9 March 2008

plug

If you haven't used Craigslist in your city yet, then you have no idea what you're missing!

Ever since purchasing the condo, I've caught the fever. The furniture fever, that is. I am by no means an interior designer, but I know what I like. And being on a modest budget means keeping a sharp eye out for deals. The Toronto Craigslist is a treasure trove for this very kind of thing. Now, don't get me wrong - there is alot of junk out there that's way over-priced. But some people get it and sell things for a reasonable price. Oh, and there's also a section for freebies!

So far, I've scored a Shaker style mirror that's fit for over the mantle (if I had one), a banker's lamp that I plan to refinish, and a pine dining table that seats six as is or eight with the extension. All under $200. Yes, that's right. Not only is it a fine way to recycle, it also feels great to be able to find gems for a good deal and not have to sacrifice personal style in decor. You just need to look.

For some, Craigslist can creep you right out because you never know who's selling the stuff. So if you do plan to look into it, use common sense and always be safe by bringing someone with you when you check an item out in person.Fortunately for me, the sellers I've met and bought from were great!

And just so this post isn't completely without reference to printing - I, in fact, bought my first press off of Craigslist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.